Together with our friends at Socialbakers we put together a brand new meetup group in Prague dedicated to Apache Spark. Join the group if you would like to find out how Spark works and what it’s useful for, hear members of the community present their interesting data science and data engineering use cases and network with like minded people.
Agenda of the first meetup
The first event of the new Spark+AI Prague Meetup Group is conceived as a general introduction to Spark for people with no or little Spark knowledge who are curious what it is and what it can do. If you are already an advanced Spark user we would be very happy if you came as well to integrate into the community – the Socialbakers experience could be interesting for you and in the next meetups we plan to dive also into more advanced topics.
- 18:00 - 18:30 - Welcome drinks
- 18:30 - 19:15 - Intro to Spark - Milan Berka, Spark Architect, DataSentics
- what is Spark, how does it work, what is it useful for
- what does coding in Spark look and feel like
- 19:15 - 19:30 - Break
- 19:30 - 20:15 Social Media Influencers recommendation with Apache Spark - Peter Krejzl, Data Science Researcher
- how Socialbakers processes and enriches huge Instagram profile and post datasets and delivers relevant search/recommendations to the Socialbakers platform users
- 20:15 - 21:30 Drinks and community building
About the Speakers:
Milan Berka, DataSentics
- Machine learning engineer and Spark architect / certified Spark developer
- Worked on numerous Spark projects connected to microtargeting of display ads, social network influencer recommendations and mobile app engagement analytics
- Specialized in productionalizing advanced analytics/machine learning pipelines
- DataSentics – a machine learning and cloud data engineering boutique from Prague, heavy Spark users, partners of Databricks (original founders and main committers of the Apache Spark project)
Peter Krejzl, Socialbakers
- Data Science Researcher
- Interested in social media analysis and machine learning with focus on NLP.
- Love processing TBs of data and finding interesting patterns in there :)
- Socialbakers - a trusted social media marketing partner to thousands of enterprise brands and SMBs. Leveraging the largest social media data-set in the industry and machine learning, Socialbakers’ marketing suite of solutions helps brands ensure their investment in social media is delivering measurable business outcomes.
Vision of the meetup group
Out of the battle of big data frameworks Apache Spark is coming out as the main unified open-source platform for scalable data processing/ETL and machine learning both in batch and real-time and is helping bridge the gap between agile data science and production-level data engineering.
- Introduction to Spark and zoom-in on it’s individual aspects such as data processing, machine learning, streaming, graph analytics, etc.
- Presentation of real-life use cases and experience by Spark users (companies such as Socialbakers, Ceska sporitelna, Moneta or Barclays)
- New developments in the Apache Spark project freshly from the source at Databricks